This is an overview of:
- the types of information we collect about you
- how we collect and use it
- who we might share it with
- the steps we’ll take to make sure it stays private and secure
- your rights to your information.
WHO WE ARE
When we say ‘we’, we mean Veridicum Limited who is the ‘data controller’ for the information in this overview. This means we’re responsible for deciding how we can use your information.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you from different places including:
- directly from you
- from a third party acting on your behalf
- from publicly available sources
- when we generate it ourselves
- from other organisations.
We’ll only collect your information in line with relevant regulations and law and this may relate to any products or services we supply you with or have supplied you with in the past.
You’re responsible for making sure you give us accurate and up to date information. If you provide information for another person, you’ll need to tell them how to find the Privacy Notice and make sure they agree to us using their information for the purposes set out in it.
HOW WE’LL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We’ll only use your information where we’re allowed to by law e.g. carrying out an agreement we have with you, fulfilling a legal obligation, because we have a legitimate business interest or where you agree to it.
Because of a Contract with you:
- to help us to identify you when you contact us,
- to estimate or quote work for you,
- to confirm your identity and address,
- to carry out your instructions, and to contact you about the work,
- to invoice you, and to pursue payment if you fail to pay,
Because it is in our Legitimate Interests:
- to understand how you use our products and services in order to improve our business and customer relations,
- to improve our products and services,
- to occasionally offer you other services we believe may benefit you, unless you ask us not to.
Because of Legal Obligations:
- Keeping financial records, etc.
We reserve the right to use automated systems to help us make credit decisions as well as carrying out fraud checks.
If you provide us with information on others (e.g. your clients/suppliers) as part of a job, we will only use this for work you have asked us to complete.
We do not sell your data or pass it to third parties for their use.
WHO WE CAN SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We may share your information with other companies such as subcontractors, suppliers and delivery companies.
We may also share your information with others e.g. insurers, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
HOW LONG WE’LL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We’ll keep your information for as long as you have a relationship with us. After it ends we’ll keep it where we may need it for our legitimate purposes e.g. to keep records of consents and approvals, for accounting purposes, or to help us respond to queries or complaints.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OVERSEAS
Your information may occasionally be transferred and stored in countries outside the European Economic Area, including some that may not have laws that provide the same level of protection for personal information. When we do this, we’ll ensure it has an appropriate level of protection.
You have a number of rights relating to your information, including: to see what we hold, to ask us to update incorrect or incomplete details, to object to or restrict processing of it, and to make a complaint. Please email us if you wish to exercise these rights.